Thursday, August 27, 2009

Angels... and baskets!



Talking about crafts, and sewing, and quilting,







and about my determination







to make and/or learn a new or pretty thing every single day,


I've decided a while ago that I needed some angels.


That's right!

While growing up (both in Africa and Europe in the between)


my mother always had a guardian angel picture hung on the kid's room


and I really liked my guardian angel.


And so much later in life now

I've decided that we both needed that guardian angel back

(and I mean my husband and I)

and so I started making and collecting angels.
























These are just some of the wall hangings with angels I made.


I'll come back to this subject probably later on, with some more pics and some other works.




















Another of my favorite things are baskets.




A couple days ago I was just surfing some crafts blogs and found some really neat tutorial and how-to tips to machine sew fabric baskets or bowls from http://freebiesforcrafters.blogspot.com/.

I had made some baskets before but I stitched everything by hand.
These are so much easier and fun to make!

Thank you Linda Permann for sharing!

So ... like always ... I just had to make some!

Made a couple for my sewing needs (notions, treads and scraps),

another one to store my rings

and a couple more for whatever is just lying around and needs a place to be stored away!

I've been fighting the blog for a while now, trying to place my pics where I want them but somehow it always places them on the top of the page!


I know, such a newbie around these things...


Oh well... gotta ask for help,

probably my son or daughter-in-law

(by the away, did I mentioned Rochelle is my daughter-in-law? (yeah, the same Rochelle from http://acquiredflavor.blogspot.com/; check her blog out, she has some fabulous recipes!).

Before I go,

just a few special words to my sister and brothers

(my devoted followers)

Beijinhos para vocês!

and a BIG hug to my friend Irene

(mando notícias em breve, beijinho grande para ti).

No comments:

Post a Comment