Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chocolate Truffles and Winter Storm

Well...
this is it for us here!


The big winter storm ended up just being a slushy mess...
It is still pretty, but terribly wet!
And not very cold neither.


We don't even have a inch of snow...


The cats, on the other hand, really think it's very cold.
Earlier this morning there were five of them
all snuggled up togheter on the same chair...
lol... and they were hungry too...


Anyway... here's some cat prints on the snow.


Definitely...
it just feels like staying inside.

Sooooo...
trying to fight away this cabin fever days...
I felt like I was needing something sweet!

Considering I am getting really really low on my groceries supplies
(I have not been able to go to the grocery store since early October),
I had to decide for some chocolate truffles.


I found the recipe on my recipe's binder,
and since I had all the ingredients... I went for it!

They came out really good.

And it's a very easy recipe...

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • powdered sugar
  • dessert sprinkles

Over low heat melt the butter on a saucepan.
Add the cocoa powder, stirring until smooth.
Then add the sweet condensed milk, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and smooth, about 4 or 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Cover and refrigerate for about 3 or 4 hours.

Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar or dessert sprinkles.

Et voila! Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment