Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Carrott Cake Roll

Sunday morning I was just feeling like something sweet... 
It was Mother's Day
and as with every other holiday I was a bit nostalgic,
thus the cravings and the sweet tooth.
So, into the kitchen I went
and after checking the fridge and the supplies
(I'm getting dangerously low in everything,
which means it's time to go to the grocery store again...),
I decided I would go for the carrot cake roll I used to make years ago.
For the ingredients, you'll need:
  • Carrots - 1 pound
  • Sugar - 2 cups
  • Eggs - 4
  • Flour (self rising) - 4 Tablespoons
  • Orange - 1 (juice & zest)
  • Cinnamon and sugar as needed
Start by cooking the carrots.
When done, drain the water and smash the carrots.
Add the sugar and the eggs to the smashed carrots
and beat well with the mixer (or by hand).
Add the orange juice, the orange zest and the flour.
Beat again till everything is well mixed.
Cover a shallow pan (I used a cookie sheet)
with parchment paper and grease it.
Pour the mix into the pan and put it in the oven
(preheated at 375 F)
for about 25 minutes (the toothpick should come out still a little bit wet).
Flip the cake on a dish towel sprinkled with sugar.
Sprinkle some cinnamon on top
(that's what I used, but you could use some jelly or jam fruit as well),
and roll the cake with the dish towel help.
Et voila!
Very tasty and easy to bake.
The girls came by for Mother's Day wishes
and the cake was gone in minutes!

Enjoy!

PS - if you liked this recipe
don't forget you can view it again in here,
as well as hundreds of other recipes, and read my dear daughter-in-law blog, as the web editor for the English language of the http://www.madeinkitchen.tv/blog/en/.

No comments:

Post a Comment