Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How I made a "Princess Vampire Cape" from a Skirt

Yesterday there were warnings and alerts of tornadoes all evening long.
I have to confess I got a little scared,
but fortunately everything went alright,
wind and rain but no touchdowns. 
It seems it was real bad around us, and in other states too.
This is what it looked like yesterday around 5:30 pm
at the top of my driveway.

Anyway...,
yesterday I've finally sewn the "Princess Vampire Cape" for my niece.
She had asked me a few weeks ago if I would make her one.
So, I went to a thrifty store
and found a plus size black skirt, taffeta like material,
and thought that would do the trick.
Cut it open in one side (zipper side)
and serge it all around.
Insert a string in the waist band to form the collar 
 and use heat-bond to applique some felt bats.
A little glitter... et voila!
That will complement well her princess vampire costume, don't you think?
She seemed to be real happy with it, as did her dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment