Friday, November 26, 2010

Artichoke and Spinach Dip Recipe

For Thanksgiving evening
I was supposed to go to my stepson's
but I've fallen asleep
(I do get up very early in the morning, around 4:00 am).
Anyway,
earlier I had fixed a dip J loved
both to eat as to prepare.
I'll share the recipe with you, tough it is not mine.
I have  had it on my recipe book for a long time,
but it was cut out from some magazine,
which I don't recall the name.

For the recipe's ingredients now.
You'll need:

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 medium chopped onion (1 cup)
2 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 can of artichokes hearts, drained and chopped (14 oz)
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz)
1 pkg. sour cream (8 oz)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp Tabasco pepper sauce
salt to taste

How to make it:
Over medium heat and in a big sauce pan melt butter.
Add chopped onion and let it cook till soft, about five minutes.
Stir in spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses, Tabasco pepper sauce and salt. Stir well in between additions and keep stirring till well blended and heated through.
Pour the mixture into the slow cooker (small cooker, 1 quart) and let it cook in low for a couple of hours.

This is how I fixed mine.
But if you don't have a slow cooker, pour the mixture into a oven proof casserole or other dish.
Sprinkle the top with a bit of the Monterey Jack and the Parmesan.
Bake in a 350F oven until the cheeses start to brown.
Go ahead, dip in! It's delicious!

I'll see you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment