Friday, November 5, 2010

Back from Washington DC

The trip to Washington DC has came to an end, unfortunately...
When we were just feeling at ease and recognizing places
and our way around, 
mastering the subway stations and transfers...
... it was time to come back home.
Apart a nasty cold that affected me and my brother-in-law
and a dull shoulder pain for my sister-in-law
(ah!... the fifties are not being easy!...lol),
everything went very well
and it was a very pleasant trip.
It left me with a melancholic remembrance
of my life in Lisbon
and my visits to Paris, France.
Washington DC gives you that same feeling I know so well 
from living in a big European capital.
Plus, just the excitement of being there,
the presidential capital of the nation
(and it might have been the President inside the motorcades that left the White House East Wing when we were just crossing the street!),
it's just a huge thrill!
I definitely will try to go back with more time on my side. 
We drove up through Virginia and lodged there,
and some photos are from Virginia country sights and historic Occoquan city.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.




















































 I'll be seeing you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment