Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A peek at my corner of the world

With temperatures reaching the high nineties, plus all the humidity,
there's not much I can do outside
without really risking a heat stroke...
Com a temperatura a ultrapassar os 30 graus, mais a humidade, e impossivel estar la fora...

But still, I felt I needed to be out a little bit everyday.
Mas mesmo com este calor
gosto de estar um pouco la fora todos os dias.

And that's why I've decided to make a  profit of what's already here
(tough I never had the chance to really appreciate it).
Entao decidi rentabilizar o que ja tinha
emnora nunca tenha tido a possibilidade de realmente poder gozar e apreciar.

As a matter of fact
my back covered deck
(I had it built for J years ago)
was so misused
that the cats were the only ones benefiting from it.
Para dizer a verdade
o varandim que eu tinha mandado construir para o J na parte de tras da casa
(aqui ha alguns anos atras)
estava tao mal aproveitado
que os gatos eram os unicos a tirar algum proveito.

After scrubbing and hosing everything down
I've put out most of my inside flower pots.
Depois de esfregar e lavar com a mangueira,
troxe ca para fora
os meus vasos de flores que estavam dentro de casa.

 I've re-poted some of the plants and bought some new annuals.
Replantei alguns vasos e comprei algumas flores anuais. 

I'm now able to enjoy and relax outside.
Agora posso apreciar e relaxar la fora.





I've also fixed a spot to sew or knit outside
whenever I feel like it.
Tambem arranjei as coisas de modo que
posso coser ou tricotar la fora sempre que me apeteca.

I hope you're also enjoying your summer time!
Espero que tambem estejam a ter um optimo tempo de verao!
I'll see you all later!
Ate breve!

No comments:

Post a Comment