Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tunisian Crochet Hobbes

When I asked my son what would my grandson like for Christmas,
he told me the little one is an enthusiastic fan of Calvin & Hobbes comics,
and that he would love a big stuffed Hobbes.
Quando perguntei ao meu filho o que é que o meu neto gostaria para o Natal,
ele respondeu-me que o pequenino é um fã entusiástico da banda desenhada Calvin & Hobbes,
e que adoraria ter um grande Hobbes de peluche.
I do confess the first thing I did was to go online and search for one to buy.
Confesso que a primeira coisa que fiz foi ir online e procurar por um para comprar.
But after having found a bunch of basically nothing I decided I would go for it.
I went with Tunisian crochet stitch
because it gives me a much more sturdy type of fabric
(my Oh La La Lolita Dolls are made with the same type of stitch)
and everything went pretty smooth.
Mas depois de ter encontrado basicamente nada decidi que iria tentar fazer um.
Resolvi-me pelo ponto de crochet Tunisino
porque proporciona um tipo de tecido muito mais resistente
(as minhas bonecas Oh La La Lolita Doll são feitas com o mesmo tipo de ponto)
e tudo correu muito bem.


For the face and nuzzle I experimented 2 or 3 different ways,
till I finally decided I liked the way it looked.
Para a cara e o focinho experimentei 2 ou 3 maneiras diferentes, até que finalmente me decidi pela que gostava mais.
I'm very happy with it, and I do hope my grandson will too.
Estou muito satisfeita com o modo como resultou, e espero que o meu neto também goste.
 Meanwhile I'm keeping busy with the making of some more pretties
which hopefully will meet their destiny this Christmas!
Entretanto continuo ocupada fazendo mais coisas bonitas
que espero encontrem o seu destino este Natal.
 I'll see you soon!
Até breve!

No comments:

Post a Comment